On site you will find:
- Original Green Gables farmhouse that has been restored by Parks Canada.
- Interpretive centre highlighting the heritage of the area and Lucy Maud Montgomery.
- Trails through the woods that are mentioned in the novels: Haunted Woods and Lover’s Lane.
- Gift shop filled with Anne of Green Gables themed merchandise.
- Anne of Green Gables herself, portrayed by an actress (During high traffic seasons only. No actors on shoulder season like May, June, September and October)
The Green Gables Heritage Place is the old farm site that inspired the setting for L.M. Montgomery’s first novel, Anne of Green Gables published in 1908. The building is a white one-and-a-half storey farmhouse with a green gable roof surrounded by farmstead, gardens, and wooded trails. Located in Cavendish, on the North Shore of Prince Edward Island.
Region: North Shore
Our tours that include a photo stop only:
*As these tours are fully customization you can lengthen or adjust the tour so you can do a full visit to the site.
Our tours that include a site visit: